Grilled Corn Salad with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime juice and Cotija Cheese
Adapted from a Bobby Flay recipe.
8 ears of corn
Garlic butter, recipe follows
½ cup grated Cotija cheese or any crumbly cheese like a good Feta
4 fresh limes juiced, reserve ½ of a lime for garnish
2 T chopped chives, for garnish
2 T cilantro chopped (optional)
2 sticks unsalted utter slightly softened
8 cloves of garlic chopped or a ¼ cup
¼ brunch fresh chives seeded and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
(Combine all garlic butter ingredients in a food processor until smooth)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Peel back the husks without removing them, remove the silk then recover the corn with the husks.
- Soak the corn in large bowel of cold water for 30 minutes.
- Remove the corn from water a shake off the excess.
- Place corn on the grill, close cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut corn off the cob into a large bowl.
- Make garlic butter and spread over corn and mix until all corn coated.
- Add cheese and add lime juice to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir once more.
- Garnish with thinly slice lime wedges and chopped chives.
This corn salad is perfect for the last days of summer when the corn is not as sweet or tender as it at the first of the season. It goes well with any cool summer salad and a grilled steak. I like that you can add chopped red bell peppers, rinsed black beans, cherry tomatoes or avocados if you want to change it up a little bit. Want to make it dinner add grilled chicken chunks. You can also put the garlic butter, cheese, chives and lime juice on grilled corn on the cob if you like corn on the cob.