Rooted Carrot Co-op Membership
Let’s keep GROWING the Co-op! Look for the Co-op to pop up in unexpected places, and remember to talk to your friends about becoming a member. Let’s keep growing!
A successful food co-op depends upon community members like you. Growing our family of owners is a crucial step toward proving we have the community support and equity required to keep moving through our next phases and ultimately have a store that will be here for future generations. While we do not have a brick-and-mortar store yet, member-owners already receive benefits ranging from business partner discounts to having a vote and say in how the store will be. Your input could influence this community more than anything you’ve ever done before! For a one-time investment of $200 (which can be paid in full or via a monthly payment plan until paid in full), Rooted Carrot Co-op member-owners benefit in the following ways:
• Pride in creating and owning a food co-op in the Cedar Valley that provides easy access to healthy, responsibly sourced goods built on the ideals of sustainability, education, and accessibility.
• Voting privileges in electing and the opportunity to run for the board of directors.
• Special promotions &/or discounts from local businesses
• Opportunity to influence important decisions regarding your co-op.
• Pride in supporting local vendors and farmers and keeping money in the local economy.
• The satisfaction comes from knowing that you helped create a vibrant, local, community-based store.
• Opportunity to invest in the member Capital Campaign (raising important funds for the brick-and-mortar store.)
• Member-only specials and a reduced rate on co-op events/classes.