Are you ready for your dream store?
Rooted Carrot Co-op, with over 1000 member-owners living in the Cedar Valley, recently announced our home at 7th and Main in Cedar Falls. It’s now time to BUILD OUR STORE!
Our Capital Campaign
$1.6 million is needed to secure the funds for this $2.8 million community-owned grocery store. We are launching a Capital Campaign to raise the $1.6 million. Our Capital Campaign is an opportunity for you to invest in your community! Your investment will fund construction, hire staff, purchase equipment, and stock the shelves.
There are two ways to invest in the Rooted Carrot Co-op Market:
- An interest-earning loan of $2000 and up, available only to member-owners who reside in the state of Iowa. We’ve determined that raising at least half ($800,000) of the Capital Campaign goal in interest-bearing loans from member-owners will result in tremendous cost savings for the Co-op.
- A tax-deductible donation through the Rooted Carrot Co-op Market Fund at the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa. This option is available to anyone who wants to support the building of the Rooted Carrot Co-op Market.
For Your Information
The following links lead to information about our Capital Campaign:
- Campaign Brochure – Contains general information about the Rooted Carrot Co-op Capital Campaign.
- Letter from your Co-op Board and the Market Study Summary – The Rooted Carrot Co-op Board of Directors represents many volunteers who have been working to make this dream store a reality—they are personally requesting your investment. Also behind the link: the results of an independent market assessment and sales forecast shows why the Rooted Carrot Co-op will be successful.
- FAQs – An extensive list of answers to questions you may have about the Capital Campaign, member-owner loans, etc. If you can’t find an answer on the list, please email info@RootedCarrot.coop.
- Video of Testimonials – Many Co-op member-owners have already pledged their financial support. In this video, they state why they believe in this community endeavor and plan to invest.
- Community Support - This document contains more testimonials, the names of the Co-op’s Board of Directors, and a HUGE list of community members who comprise the Rooted Carrot Co-op Advisory Council.
When you are ready to invest
Please first review the Investor Pack (also called offering memorandum or prospectus). It contains required legal disclosures about this offering and other documents related to your investment. Then email info@RootedCarrot.coop or call 319-535-0281 and someone will assist you in joining other investors who are building our Co-op market!
Thank you for your investment!
When you are ready to donate
This page and the description of owner loans and the owner loan campaign do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase securities. Email us at info@RootedCarrot.coop for more information.